Reflections by Randy Hodge
|Posted on June 17, 2017 at 9:10 AM|
It’s hard to believe but another school year has come and gone! Each year our success is possible because of everyone who lends a hand in making St. Patrick the place it is. We couldn’t do it without you. I hope you know how grateful all of us at St. Patrick School are of your commitment throughout the school year.
On behalf of our pastor Fr. Larry King, pastoral associate Deacon Don Sobolewski, Mrs. Townsend, and myself, we would like to offer many thank you’s for a great 2016-17 school year. We would like to specifically thank the following:
• Our school families for making the commitment to send their children to St. Patrick School. We appreciate that you are a part of our school family and that you let us be a part of yours. This thank you extends to all our grandparents, as well.
• Our top-notch teaching staff, school counselor, coaching staff and parish staff members. All of you are an integral part of our family and we couldn’t do anything without you. Thank you for continuously going above and beyond to ensure all of our students are cared for.
• The student body for working hard both in their academics and in extracurricular activities and for serving as living examples of their Catholic faith. We can’t wait to see how you grow and what you will achieve next school year.
• The entire school support staff. We are blessed to have excellent administrative assistants who work in our school and parish office. Their ability to multitask and accomplish so much each day never ceases to amaze me. In addition, we are blessed to have an excellent maintenance and custodial staff who keep our school and grounds remarkably neat and clean. There are so many others, too many to name, including those who work in latchkey, the lunchroom and on the playground. All of you are involved in the important task of running our parish school.
• The volunteers who do so many things behind the scenes! We rely on our school board, Father Flohe Foundation, PTO, and Athletic Association members as well as many other groups and individuals who help out at the school throughout the year.
• Thank you to everyone who donated to the school or parish this year! Your financial support allows us to offer an education that nourishes the entire mind, body, and soul of a child. You are helping us to create the future leaders of our Catholic Church and community. Thank you for your generosity!
We would like to express our gratitude to all for your trust, support, and cooperation during the school year. We are appreciative and thankful to everyone who has anything to do with making St. Patrick School a great place to educate the children of Portland and its surrounding communities. We hope that you will take time this summer to rest and enjoy the wonderful opportunity to renew body, mind, and spirit before we begin another school year.