Reflections by Randy Hodge
|Posted on July 31, 2017 at 7:30 AM|
The school office is open and ready to go and the final preparations are taking place to make sure everything is ready to go for the 2017-18 school year. There will be a whirlwind of activity as we ensure we get off to a great start at St. Patrick School. The teaching staff will soon be in their classrooms working hard and our fall sports teams will begin practice in anticipation of the upcoming season. St. Patrick is a school which serves the entire Portland community so we want to make you aware of our fall calendar.
• August 7: Fall practices begin for our football team.
• August 9: Fall practices begin for our volleyball and cross country teams. Please check our school website, Facebook and Twitter pages (page names are below) for practice times.
• August 15-17: The teaching staff reports for professional development.
• August 16: We host our annual Welcome Back to School Open House. This begins at 6:30 p.m. in the church with introductions and announcements. Parents and students will have time to visit classrooms, meet their teacher and drop off any supplies. We welcome all members of the community to join us for this important night!
• August 22: The school faculty will attend the diocesan back to school celebration in Grand Rapids.
• August 23: First day of school for students in grades DK-12.
• August 25: Join us for the Back to School tailgate at our first home football game against Waldron at Portland High School.
• September 1-4: No School for Labor Day.
• September 5/6: First day of school for preschool students.
• September 11-12: Picture day for all students.
• September 22: Annual Homecoming football game.
• October 11: Confirmation at the Cathedral of Saint Andrew in Grand Rapids at 7:00 p.m.
• October 12: Parent/Teacher Conferences from 4:30-7:30 p.m.
• October 13: Early Release Day with Parent/Teacher conferences taking place from 12:30-3:30 p.m.
We are excited about the new school year and are ready for another great start! There are many great upcoming events and we look forward to seeing everyone back at school soon.
If you want to keep informed of activities taking place at St. Patrick School, go to our website: www.portlandstpats.com, click on the “About Us” icon and pull down to our calendar. This lists all activities taking place at St. Patrick School. We also encourage you to follow our Facebook page (St. Patrick School – Portland, Michigan) and Twitter account (@PortlandStPats) for the latest information.
In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your summer and find time for rest and relaxation to renew yourself in mind, body and soul.