Reflections by Randy Hodge
|Posted on November 7, 2017 at 9:35 AM|
We have completed a very busy and exciting first marking period and are preparing for many activities that will take place before we reach the end of 2017. Looking ahead, there is no immediate let up in the schedule with many activities scheduled between now and Christmas Break. Here are some of the activities taking place that we would like you to know about and join us for.
• November 16: The St. Patrick School PTO hosts its annual wine tasting fundraiser at the Wagon Wheel. This is a great time to socialize and meet new friends while helping our Parent Teacher Organization raise funds.
• November 20: Diocesan seminarians will visit St. Patrick students and share their stories of how they were called to become priests.
• November 21: Students will participate in our school’s annual community service day which we are calling “Thanksliving” this year. Students will be out in the community helping local residents and organizations with various projects. If you need your yard raked or a small service project completed please contact the school office (647-7551) and let us know what we can do to help, along with the location of the project.
• November 29: High schoolers will participate in our annual retreat day. Our seniors will travel to the Fr. Solanus Casey Center in Detroit and the freshmen will travel to Aquinas College for their respective retreats. The sophomore and junior retreat will take place on our school campus.
• December 5: Our high school German classes will travel to Frankenmuth to have an opportunity to engage in German culture right in our own state.
• December 8: We will celebrate the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary at the 7:30 and 9:30 a.m. Masses. All are welcome.
• December 11: At 2:30 and again at 6:00 p.m., we will have our annual elementary Christmas program in our school gymnasium.
• December 14: Our National Honor Society students will travel to Ionia to help prepare for the annual Toys for Tots toy giveaway.
• December 19 – 21: Our high school students will have their annual exam week before embarking on Christmas break.
• December 20: Our elementary students will celebrate Christmas with parties in their classrooms.
Stay up to date with what’s happening at St. Patrick by reading our school newsletter online (portlandstpats.com), following us on Twitter (@PortlandStPats) and liking our Facebook page (St. Patrick School – Portland, Michigan).