Reflections by Randy Hodge
|Posted on November 21, 2017 at 3:25 PM|
As a Catholic school, our most important and crucial responsibility is the development of our students' faith. There are many channels that we use to accomplish this, one is our annual high school retreat day. It takes place each year around the beginning of Advent.
Although our Catholic faith is infused into our everyday curriculum, it’s important we allow students to further their spiritual mission and experience God’s work outside the classroom. On Wednesday, Nov. 29, all St. Patrick High School students will attend a retreat.
Any high school student in grades 9 - 11, including those who are homeschooled or attend Portland High School who belong to St. Patrick Parish are invited to attend at no cost. If your child does not attend St. Patrick High School and would like to attend, please RSVP to the school office by Tuesday, November 21 to assist our planning.
The retreat day schedule is as follows:
Freshmen: Aquinas College Light Team
- Theme: SHINE: Serving Him IN Everything
- Location: Aquinas College, Grand Rapids
- Time: Depart at 7:30 – Return at 3:00
- Lunch: Provided at AQ Cafeteria
Sophomores and Juniors: Mr. Bill Mousel
- Theme: The Source and Summit of Our Faith
- Location: St. Patrick Parish Hall
- Time: 8:00 – 2:30
- Lunch: Catered by Sue Kreiner around 11:30
Seniors: Fr. Solanus Casey Center
- Theme: “Called to Serve”
- Location: Fr. Solanus Casey Center, Detroit
- Time: Depart: 6:30 a.m. – Return: 6:30 p.m.
- Lunch: Eat at Food Kitchen
- Dinner: Sit down restaurant on the way home (students must bring their own money)
Permission slips for freshmen and seniors need to be turned in to their theology teachers by Monday, Nov. 27.
The retreats provide our high school students the opportunity to grow as individuals and to grow spiritually. They also provide lifelong lessons that may forever impact them. We will continue to encourage our students to participate in events and activities over and above our theology curriculum so they can become the best they can be.
For more information contact Mr. Randy Hodge, school administrator, at 647-7551 or email@example.com.