Father Flohe Foundation est. 1985
Education Bell Award
Each spring since 1992, the FFF has awarded the Education Bell Award. The recipient is chosen from all nominees, past and present. The nomination process is as follows:
- The nominee must be a graduate of St Patrick School or an 8th Grade graduate prior to 1953.
- The nominee should be someone who exemplifies the ideals taught at St Patrick. Thus, they have used their Time, Talent and Treasures that God has given them.
- The nominee is someone who our students and graduates can look to as a model on how to lead their lives and be of service to others. Each Bell Award nomination is reviewed annually by a committee of the Fr. Flohe Foundation. The top three candidates are submitted to the Fr. Flohe Foundation Board Members, who then select the Annual Bell Award Recipient. Each nomination is held on file for future consideration. Anyone can submit a nomination, using the nomination form provided here.
Father Flohe Foundation at a Glance
At a Glance
- Contributed in excess of $930,000 to the School since 1989.
- Received gifts from donors of approximately $1,650,000 since 1988.
- Awards the Fr. Flohe Education Bell Award, which is awarded annually to an alumnus of St. Patrick School who in their life has exemplified the high goals and accomplishments that a graduate of St. Patrick’s can achieve.
- Awards the Marie Leik Slowinski Scholarship, which is presented each year to a student who demonstrates good study habits, steady improvement and hard work to achieve.
- Provides funding for the Shamrock Newsletter.
- Coordinates and provides a celebration for each of the graduating high school classes in honor of their 50th Reunion.
How To Support the Foundation
Do your part in ensuring Catholic education for future generations at St. Pat's! Please consider us in your annual contribution planning and in your estate planning.
Planned giving not only benefits the school, it also provides substantial tax benefits to the giver. There are many ways to contribute to St. Patrick School through the FFF including:
- Gifts of cash
- Securities and Real Estate
- Life Insurance
- Other Appreciated Assets
Cash contributions can be made by mail, in the Sunday offerings or by dropping by the Parish Office. Please be sure that your envelope is clearly marked Father Flohe Foundation.
If you have any questions or would like a supply of contribution envelopes, contact Tony Thelen at 517-647-2296.