St. Patrick Preschool
St. Patrick Preschool is located in the lower level of the main school building, adjacent to the cafeteria. We offer two-, three-, and five-day sessions.
Our Preschool Teaching Team
Mrs. Stacy Russman is the lead teacher in the St. Patrick Preschool, assisted by Mr. Aaron Thelen. Stacy has been teaching at St. Pat’s since 1998; Aaron worked with daycare/preschool children for many years, did a one-year stint in our school office, and returned to the preschool in the fall of 2015.
Stacy offers this philosophy: “I teach from the heart and I am very passionate about my teaching. Your child will feel loved every day and Christ will be the center of our classroom. I believe that each child is unique and I will do my best to nurture the gifts that each one brings and shares with us.”
Children must be three by September 1, and must be toilet trained.
Families will need to fill out the following forms:
- Student Enrollment Form
- Child InformationForm
- Health Appraisal Form
- Tuition Contract
- Class Preference Form
- Families will also need to provide a copy of the child's birth certificate
Please contact the Preschool at 517-647-7551 for enrollment forms.
Class Requirements & Sessions
- Students for the three-year-old class should be three by the first day of class and toilet trained.
- Classes for four-year children are intended for children who would be attending kindergarten or DK the following year.
- Monday-Friday (Five days)
Cognitive skills, social interaction, language development, art projects, field trips, music/finger plays, and holiday activities are part of the established guidelines which are keys to positive child development.
We incorporate a Smartboard in many areas of learning. We also have scheduled gym time for the children. Mr. Aaron and his guitar are a big part of our preschool music program.
Monthly Christian themes are incorporated into the curriculum as well to provide an important spiritual dimension. Basic concepts covered include colors, shapes, name recognitions, left/right, over/under, counting/numbers.
Fine motor skills are emphasized and include tracing/writing, painting, pasting, cutting and coloring.
- Three-year olds spend their outdoor time in the grassy area across West Street
- Four-year olds are taken to Alton Park across Grand River Avenue. In preparation for next year we use this as a learning opportunity, teaching them the safe and proper way to cross the street.