Reflections by Randy Hodge
|Posted on August 14, 2017 at 1:05 PM|
The St. Patrick School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) closed out a busy year in June by approving $5,000 towards technology improvements for the school. They also approved up to $10,000 in donations to upgrade the school’s whiteboards.
Now they are preparing for next school year with new officers and they are looking for you to help join them in their efforts. We welcome the following individuals to the PTO leadership team:
• Mrs. Jackie Morris, President
• Mrs. Jen Chamberlain, Vice President
• Mrs. Nikki Mosser, Secretary
• Mrs. Mara Pline, Treasurer
The PTO typically meets the third Wednesday of the month in room #115 at the school unless there is a conflict. Scheduled meetings for the 2017-18 school year are:
• September 20
• October 18
• November 8
• December 13
• January 17
• February 21
• March 21
• April 18
• May 16
The meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and usually last about half an hour. Once a parent attends at least five meetings, they will receive an “Out of Dress Code” slip for each one of their children.
The PTO leadership team is planning the following events for the upcoming school year and are looking for volunteers to help them in their efforts.
• While their used uniform sale will already be complete by the time this goes to press, the PTO used uniform store remains open in the school. You can shop anytime during regular office hours. The PTO is always accepting gently used uniform donations to keep their stock updated, you can drop off your items in the school office (please no donations of clothing that is ripped, torn or stained).
• They assisted at the Back to School Open House with the setup, serving of hot dogs, cupcakes, and lemonade, manning an information table, running the used uniform sale and with the cleanup.
• The annual Back to School Tailgate will take place before our first home football game on Aug 25th. Everyone is welcome to attend! They will have kid’s games and serve hot dogs. They would appreciate if everyone brought a dish to pass, but we hope you’ll attend even if you cannot bring a dish.
• The PTO will host our annual Scholastic book fair from October 6th through the 15th. The book fair will be open during our annual Fall Festival which takes place on October 8.
• They will host our annual Kidsfest during the Fall Festival. Kidsfest games and drawings take place on the second floor of the school. They are always seeking out donated prizes.
• The annual Wagon Wheel Wine Tasting fundraiser will occur again on Thursday, November 16 beginning at 6:30 p.m. We hope you’ll join us!
• There are many other activities they are responsible for including feeding the students on our annual Pay It Forward Day, feeding the staff during the evening of Parent-Teacher conferences and providing goodies for our veterans during our annual Veterans Day celebration. Please visit the school website (portlandstpats.com) and click on our “For Parents” icon to learn more about PTO activities.
We are looking forward to working with our PTO as they continue to do great things on behalf of our students, staff and school. We encourage our school parents to be actively involved with our PTO. It is a great opportunity to get involved, meet other parents, make new friends and help lighten the load by assisting at the many activities and events that take place throughout the school year.
For more information about the PTO, feel free to contact PTO President Jackie Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.