Reflections by Randy Hodge
|Posted on November 26, 2018 at 3:45 PM|
Thanksgiving break has come and gone offering all of us plenty of time to reflect and count our blessings. As we approach the end of the year, there are plenty of reasons for St. Patrick School to be thankful. Here are a few of the main ones:
• Recently, we found out we were the recipients of a Michigan State Police Safety and Security grant in the amount of $100,000. We appreciate that a parent took the time to apply for this grant which will allow us to provide upgrades to the infrastructure of our building.
• An anonymous donor has stepped forward with a generous donation to upgrade the sound system in our school gymnasium. We are also going to look at the possibility of making other improvements to our stage area once the new pole building is completed at our athletic complex and the weight room is moved to the new facility.
• Through several generous donations, we are hoping to have our entire high school travel to Washington D.C. to participate in the March for Life in January.
• St. Patrick School has had several very generous “Tuition Angels” come forward that have anonymously donated to help students be able to afford a Catholic School education.
• To the many individuals who donate to classrooms which allow our teachers to purchase many items that allow them to provide a top-quality educational experience for their students.
• To the many individuals and businesses who donated food and drinks to help our campus ministry team host a Thanksgiving dinner at the school on the Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving. Many people showed up looking for a good meal, good company or both. We hope to make this a new tradition at St. Patrick School.
We are very appreciative to all the individuals who have generously donated to St. Patrick School and Parish this year. We would be unable to offer the high-quality education and provide the many opportunities that we do if it were not for all of you.
Many projects have been accomplished this year, but there is still more work to be done. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation before the end of the year we have a few large projects that we are still seeking funding for; our pastor, Fr. Mike has made the remodeling of four of our school bathrooms as well as installing two new staff bathrooms a high priority. We also would like to install lockers in the elementary hallways which would allow for students to keep their winter clothing items separate. Installing lockers in the hallways, would also provide an opportunity for us as we look to remodel our classrooms in the future.
We hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. We are very thankful, grateful and appreciative to all those individuals who continue to make great things happen at St. Patrick School. May God bless you and the gifts you have so generously shared with us.