Reflections by Randy Hodge
|Posted on December 21, 2018 at 2:20 PM|
Each year around this time, we are often asked about the current needs of the school since people like to make tax-deductible donations before the year ends. Below is a wish list of items that we would greatly appreciate receiving donations toward. You may donate by putting cash or a check in the offertory at Mass and writing what you would like to designate your donation toward specifically. You may also drop off a check in the school or parish office (by mail or in person) or donate online at https://giving.parishsoft.com/g3/
• Remodeling of the school bathrooms – We have four bathrooms, two men’s rooms and two women’s rooms in the original part of the building. These bathrooms are more than 60 years old. These four restrooms will be gutted (including all plumbing) and totally remodeled with the goal of doing so this coming summer. We plan on using current classroom space to also install two staff-only bathrooms at the same time. Preliminary indications are that the bathroom extreme makeover project will cost around $500,000.
• New roof on the school – The roof on the parish educational facility needs to be replaced. Early indications are that it will cost approximately $250,000.
• Father Flohe Foundation Endowment Fund – Currently, our school’s endowment fund is in the midst of a pledge drive. The current foundation has 2.4 million dollars and now gives $95,000 to the school annually. We would like to increase the corpus of the foundation with the goal of allowing the endowment to give off more, which will keep pressure off of driving up our annual school budget.
• Shamrock Scholarship Fund – Each year we do a pledge drive to build up our annual current needs scholarship fund. There are always students in need of immediate tuition assistance, especially when things come up unexpectedly over the course of a school year such as the loss of employment, a divorce, or death in the family. This past year, we gave approximately $50,000 in scholarships while the overall need was approximately $85,000.
• Chromebooks for the Class of 2023 – To continue our 1:1 implementation of Chromebooks, in which each incoming freshman class receives a Chromebook. The approximate cost is $6,000 to the school. This is one of our larger capital expenditures each year and a donation would help defer the cost from our annual budget. Each Chromebook costs approximately $200.
• Create a college scholarship (any amount) – We are always looking for college scholarships to award our graduating seniors. Remember a loved one or support your alma mater and give a child the gift of a college education. You set the amount and choose the qualifications of the scholarship.
We thank you for your generosity! If you are willing to fund any or all the programs listed above, we would be truly thankful! Any donations toward these projects are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions about these projects, please feel free to contact Mr. Randy Hodge at the St. Patrick School office at 647-7551 or email@example.com. We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!